Do you own an apartment building? One of the most challenging rental properties to maintain is hands down apartment complexes. The main reason these buildings are so hard to keep in tip-top shape is because everything is connected. Drain lines and water lines are all part of a major network of pipes that are interconnected at some point. This can make repair very difficult. Roof drains are part of this system and often they are in need of major repair. But what if there was a way to fix the entire system all at once? Well, now there is! Roof drain lining is the perfect alternative to traditional roof drain replacement. Today we will learn more about how this process can greatly benefit you the apartment complex owner.
Six Benefits of Roof Drain Lining
1. No more worries about leaking roof drains: Depending on the size of your apartment building, your roof drain system can be quite extensive. This network of roof drain lines runs all around the building. While you might find just one leak in the line, chances are there are others that you do not see. Once you fix the ones you see, others will begin to leak and you will have to start the replacement process all over again. This can be costly and unnecessary. Roof drain lining is a fairly new technology that will coat your roof drain pipes and seal them up. This will help stop any leaks, preventing water from going somewhere that it shouldn’t.
2. You will save tons of money: Roof drain lining will save you money in several ways. First, you will save money by not having to replace all of those roof drain lines which could add up to thousands of dollars. If you have a very large apartment complex, replacement cost could really soar. Secondly, you will save money on labor. The roof drain lining process requires fewer technicians to complete which will reduce the overall cost of the job. Finally, roof drain lining will help prevent future damage to your property that can really start to add up. So now you see why there are so many apartment building owners who are choosing this new technology.
3. You won’t have to worry about repairs for many years: When you have your roof drains lined, it will reduce the need for repairs. This means that your building’s storm drains will work properly for many years to come. So no more need to worry about calls in the middle of the night from your building superintendent telling you that a roof drain is pouring water into a tenant’s patio. The longer you can go without having to repair your drains, the more hard earned money you can keep in your pocket.
4. Your building will pass inspection: We all know that the local city government loves to hit you with surprise inspections. If your roof drains are leaking, chances are you will fail that part of the inspection. This can be very costly depending on the extent of the damage. Fines can really start adding up, and if you don’t do something to get those roof drains fixed, you just might be out of business before you know it. By having your roof drains lined, you will avoid these costly fines and finally be able to pass those inspections with flying colors.
5. You will increase your property’s value: While you might not want to sell your apartment complex now, in the future you just might decide to sell it. When you do, wouldn’t it be nice if you could get a larger asking price? This could be possible if you have your roof drains lined with the latest technology. When potential buyers look at your rental property and they have seen that you have invested in your roof drains with upgrades that will last for many decades, they will be more inclined to purchase. This will allow you to make faster sell and for more money! It is always a wise move to invest in your rental property and now you can do so without having to spend a ton of money. So why not make this simple but effective investment today.
6. It will be complete in no time at all: Another benefit of roof drain lining has to be the amount of time it takes for the liner to harden. This quick process can be completed in as little as a few days so that your building can get back to normal in no time at all. So if you are worried about the time it will take to fix your roof drains, you can be rest assured this new process will have you up and running in no time at all.