If you have a leaking sewer line on your property, you should have it repaired as soon as possible. While it is tempting to put off this major repair, there are some major consequences that can happen if you do. Today we are going to learn why sewer line repair & replacement is an important home repair job that you should never ignore. Let’s learn more!
1.Further damage may occur: When you ignore a sewer drain problem, chances are it will only get worse with time. This can cause major damage to occur which could have possibly been avoided if you did something about it sooner. A small problem that could be fixed in a matter of hours just might turn into a large job that will take several days to complete.
2. Fines can be costly: If your sewer drain line is leaking into the ground, it can cause serious health issues. If the city notices this problem, 9 times out of 10 they are going to be forced by law to fine you. The larger the leak means, even more, raw sewage will leak into the ground driving the cost of your fine through the roof. Furthermore, if you fail to fix the issues by hiring a professional sewer line repair & replacement company, the fines will keep on coming. Things can get even more serious if the state environmental protection agency becomes involved. So getting those leaks fixed as quickly as possible is always a wise move.
3. The cleanup process can cost you a bundle: Neglecting your leaking sewer drain line could end up costing you more than you expect. When raw sewage leaks into the ground, it will need to be cleaned up. This means that often the dirt around your home will need to be removed. Your lawn will be torn up and you will have to foot the bill for replacing the landscape and the cleanup costs.
4. Expensive water damage can occur: When your toilets back up, they will overflow into your bathroom floor. If you are not home to clean up the mess, water damage can occur. Water damage can destroy your flooring and the walls around the affected area. When this happens, mold can start to grow inside of your walls. A mold colony can form and make your family very sick. If this happens, you will have to hire a professional mold removal company to handle the issue. So if you are facing sewer drain issues that are causing backups into your home, do something about it today. You will be glad that you did!
5. Your home could become very smelly: When sewer lines back up and you fail to contact a sewer line repair & replacement company to handle the problem, things can start to stink. Foul odors are a common side effect of a sewer drain blockage and can really make your home smell bad. While you might not notice it, surely any guests that visit your home will be able to smell it. This can be very embarrassing for your family and can even cause some people to start talking about the condition of your home. If you have a sewer blockage, try to get it fixed as quickly as possible to avoid this very awkward condition.
6. It’s not as costly as you might think: One of the main reasons why so many people put off sewer repairs is the cost. Homeowners often think that a leaking sewer drain line or a blocked drain will cost thousands of dollars to fix. But with today’s technology advancements, the cost of sewer repair has come way down. If your problem is not too complicated, you can easily have it fixed for a fraction of the cost that you might think. So instead of putting off repair, why not get a quote from a sewer line repair & replacement company? You just might be surprised at just how cheap you can have your sewer problems repaired.
7. Your property value can take a dive: If you allow a broken sewer drain to go unchecked, you just might cause your home’s value to decrease. Once raw sewage has infiltrated the ground around your home, people will be far less likely to purchase your home. If you are going to sell your home in the near future, this can cause you to lose money. Potential buyers simply don’t want to live in a home that could be potentially contaminated with your waste. Before your sewer problems become this serious, why not do something about them today? You will protect your home’s value, and you will be able to resell it quickly in the future.