That burst sewer pipe line may have showed up seemingly overnight, but the truth of the matter is that it has been festering for the last few weeks, or even months. A stagnant drain and a flooded yard can take you by surprise. What’s the real underlying cause and effects of pipe damage? Here are the definite, tell-tale signs that you need Sewer Line Repair & Replacement Las Vegas:
Sewer Line Problems & Their Causes
- Off-Grade Pipe: Happens when the installed pipes are of inferior material, easily corroding or deteriorating before its time.
- Root Intrusion: Nearby shrubs or trees have underlying roots that have invaded the insides of your sewer or drain line. This damages and causes blockage in the affected pipe.
- Leaky Joints: The pipe’s joints have weakened, allowing water to spray and leak outside the pipe and into the surrounding area.
- Bellied Pipe: One or more portions of the sewer line have collapsed due to shifting ground or soil. A valley of accumulated waste and water is produced.
- Corrosion: The pipe has broken down. Water flow is restricted and the lines are much more likely to collapse.
- Blockage: A foreign object is stuck in the pipe, prohibiting proper water flow and cleaning. This can also happen due to a buildup of grease.
- Cracked or Broken Pipe: Can be caused by the environment, season, settling, etc.
Trenchless Sewer Line Repair & Replacement Options
Specialized Pipe Technologies offers the utimate solution to Las Vegas residents and business owners. Trenchless is the latest development of sewer line repairs which presents a lesser destructive footprint. It does away with the traditional trench or “open cut” method by using state-of-the-art technology and equipment, in conjunction with an SPT plumber’s expertise. Here are two trenchless methods we may use for sewer line repairs:
1. Pipe Relining
Instead of a huge, gaping hole, only a single access points is dug. The new line is inserted within the old pipe line to replace it. The special epoxy resin is then cured to assume the shape of the old pipe, creating a smooth inner wall. The new material makes it more durable and long-lasting than previous pipe materials. Plus, you can be sure that it is non-hazardous and environment-friendly.
2. Pipe Bursting
The pipe bursting method is similar to the pipe relining process in the sense that it doesn’t need a huge excavation in order to work. Only two small access holes are made. A replacement pipe is pulled via a hydraulic machine, which has a larger diameter head that breaks the old pipe as it moves along. The new material is joint-free and does not easily corrode. Plus, it is expected to last far longer, with a lifespan that goes beyond 50 years.
Sewer Line Repair & Replacement Las Vegas is quite a huge task that homeowners and business establishments must undertake from time to time. SPT Pipe is your answer to an honest assessment and a seamless process. Our company has proven itself time and again since our founding in 1994. Call us, and our expert plumbers will gladly recommend the best solution to bring back your sewer lines to working order.