Germantown, Maryland Trenchless Sewer Pipe Lining
Trenchless sewer pipe lining in Germantown, Maryland is an excellent alternative to sewer pipe replacement. This high-tech solution is also known as Cured In Place Pipe or CIPP for short. The pipe lining process creates a brand new pipe within the existing sewer line through the use of specially formulated epoxy resins that are installed on the interior surfaces of the existing pipes.
When the epoxy resins cure in place the structural integrity and strength of the existing sewer line becomes equal to or greater than that of a brand new pipe. In addition, trenchless sewer pipe lining does not damage exterior landscaping, or any structures located within the interior of the residential, commercial, or industrial building. The process is completely safe, and has actually been in use for well over a decade.
How Does Trenchless Sewer Pipe Lining Work?
There is a multi-step process to trenchless sewer pipe lining as show below:
The Problem is Identified by Video Camera Inspection
The first step in the process is to have a qualified plumbing contractor perform a non-invasive sewer line inspection by video camera. The technician will be able to determine the exact problem and then recommend the best solution.
The Sewer Pipes are Cleaned
Once the technician determines what is causing the problem and identifies the solution the trenchless sewer pipe lining process actually begins. Any and all obstructions are removed including roots, dirt, and small rocks. Next the existing sewer pipes are de-scaled in order to remove any minerals or other deposits that will prevent the epoxy resin from sticking properly. A hydro-jet is then used in order to return the sewer line back to its original diameter.
The Liner is Installed
Once the sewer pipes are thoroughly cleaned the actual lining process can begin. Instead of excavating a large trench in order to access the sewer line, the trenchless method only requires one small access hole at one end of the sewer line. A machine is then used to either pull or blow a soft tube that is covered in the epoxy resin through the entire sewer line. The epoxy resin completely coats all interior surfaces of the existing pipeline. It typically takes two to three hours for the wet resin to cure in place. Once it hardens the new liner, or pipe within a pipe is formed. In order to ensure that the job has been done perfectly a second video camera inspection is performed.
The Top 10 Benefits of Trenchless Sewer Pipe Lining
There are many benefits of trenchless sewer pipe lining when compared to the traditional excavation method of replacing the sewer line as shown below:
- Trenchless sewer pipe lining causes no destruction to your landscaping.
- Trenchless sewer pipe lining causes very little disruption to your normal daily routine.
- Trenchless sewer pipe lining is approximately half the price of the traditional excavation method.
- Trenchless sewer pipe lining fixes breaks, cracks, and leaks in the sewer line.
- Trenchless sewer pipe lining prevents damaging roots from invading the sewer line.
- Trenchless sewer pipe lining increases flow capacity.
- Trenchless sewer pipe lining restores the structural integrity and strength of the sewer line.
- Trenchless sewer pipe lining typically takes one day to complete from start to finish.
- Trenchless sewer pipe lining lasts well over fifty years.
- Trenchless sewer pipe lining is guaranteed.
If you are in the market for trenchless sewer pipe lining than please contact SPT Plumbing today for a free consultation and estimate.