Columbia, Maryland Sewer Line Repair And Replacement
SPT Pipe does far more than simply fix your pipes. We are a leader in the field of technologically advanced sewer line repair and replacement in Columbia, Maryland. Each one of our technicians have years of experience in the field. In addition, they are fully trained in the use of the most state-of-the-art equipment and plumbing technologies. Our trenchless sewer line repair and replacement methods solve a variety of pipe-related problems including but not limited to the following:
- Sewer lines that are broken and cracked due to age, wear and tear, frozen ground conditions, and shifting soil environments.
- Sewer pipes that are bellied, meaning a section of the pipe has sunk because of ground and or soil conditions, causing a valley that collects waste and sewage materials.
- Sewer lines that are clogged by grease and other foreign objects.
- Sewer lines that collapse due to corrosion.
- Sewer pipes that have leaking joints, meaning the seals between pipes are broken, which allows water to escape into an area that surrounds the pipe.
- Sewer pipes that were manufactured with shoddy materials.
- Sewer pipes that have been compromised to the point where tree and other vegetation roots invade the pipe causing damage and blockages.
Comparing The Traditional Excavation Method To Trenchless.
The Traditional Method
For many years plumbing companies relied on the traditional excavation method which required digging a large trench in order to gain access to the area surrounding the problematic section of the sewer line. The process is invasive, costly, and time-consuming.
The Two Trenchless Methods
Thanks to recent developments in plumbing technology, sewer line repair, and replacement does not need to be as expensive, destructive, or time-consuming. Property owners no longer need to worry about ruining their driveway, ripping up their parking lots, or destroying their yards. Trenchless methods significantly reduce the environmental impact of sewer line repair and replacement as well.
Trenchless Method Number One: Sewer Pipe Lining
If the existing sewer line is in decent shape, meaning there are no major breaks, then SPT Pipe incorporates the use of pipelining. It requires a small access hole at the head or end of the sewer line. A high-tech machine is used to apply a wet epoxy material to the interior surfaces of the existing pipe. The wet epoxy molds to take the form of the existing pipe. Once the epoxy cures in place, which takes place within a few hours, it results in a brand new impenetrable pipelining that basically is a pipe within a pipe. The lining fixes any issues with the existing sewer line, and will last for approximately fifty years.
Trenchless Method Number Two: Pipe Bursting
If the existing sewer line is beyond repair then SPT Pipe incorporates the use of pipe bursting. Two small access holes are needed, one at each end of the sewer line. The broken sewer line is then used as a guide as high-tech hydraulic machines pull one continuous plastic PVC pipe through the old one. As the new pipe is being pulled through, the old sewer line bursts into a bunch of fragmented pieces that are left buried in the ground. These pieces are perfectly safe and eventually rot away. The new pipe is extremely resistant to corrosion, leakage, and intrusion of foreign objects such as tree roots. Much like trenchless pipelining, trenchless pipe bursting will last upwards of fifty years or longer.
If you are having a major sewage related issue and would like to save both time and money, please contact SPT Pipe for a free initial consultation.
State Board of Plumbing LIC/REG/CERT 64128
WSSC Registration # PFG-01206